Friday, January 2, 2009

Week 35: Holiday Break (con't)

Week 35 ends and Canada finds itself in a deep freeze! The West Coast is shaking off from huge dumps of snow. I'm back in Calgary visiting friends before catching my flight back to Kingston and the temperature is -24 C, -32 C with windchill (i.e. -11 F & -26 F respectively), which is pretty representative of the prairies in general. Ontario and Quebec find themselves hovering around 0 C in the south and a little colder in the north, which probably means the roads are skating rinks. Finally eastern Canada, in particular Halifax, finds itself warmer at - 10 C (14 F), but with tons of snow. I only hope the people headed to Halifax for the MBA Games this year are able to make it. From the looks of it they may not be able to. I wonder what some of my classmates from warmer climes are thinking at this moment. (Aside: Here is the link to the video introducing Queen's to the other schools and the video for a CSR event)

No more grades have been posted. We are still waiting on 3 more courses to be posted.

I feel like I have had a long enough break that I am ready to get back to work to finishing this degree. 4 more months to go and I need to find a job in an economy that isn't exactly rosy. Classes resume in a week from Monday so I had better make the most of the time I have left.

No comments: