Sunday, October 28, 2007

Interview: The Trip Out

Caught a Airbus A320 on Sunday afternoon from Calgary to Toronto.

During the layover I discovered the new Canadian Business edition featuring MBA schools that was release last week. Of course I purchased a copy.

After an extended layover in Pierson International Airport I got the boarding call for the flight to Kingston. It was a Beech 1900D that seats 19 people. I knew the plane was tiny when they loaded the women first to help balance the luggage load and put the heavier men in the front. There was no drink service on this bumpy 50 minute ride of vibration and engine noise. A very unique experience.

The first indication that Kingston had a small town feel, even though it was 117,000 people big, was waiting for a taxi. Apparently the VIA rail train from Toronto had come in and all the taxis were at the train station to transport all the students around after their ventures in Toronto. After 40 minutes I got a taxi to my bed and breakfast that Queen's had arrange. Of course with all the anticipation of the next day and the time difference I didn't get to sleep very early.

Kingston has 6 prisons, 1 chemical plant, 1 metal processing plant, and the university as it's major employers. The majority of the houses I saw were from the late 1800's and early 1900's giving the town a very unique feel. All this and more from the taxi driver.

Other related entries in my blog:

Was I accepted? Guess you will have to read on to findout.

No comments: