Saturday, November 1, 2008

Week 26: Finance Strategy, Managing IT, Negotiations&Conflict Management, International Business and Strategic Implementation (Module 6 cont.)

Week 26 ends and I can't help but notice that the year is now officially half over. It is now downhill to the finish...if it only felt that way.

We had our first MBA 853 Strategic Implementation & Change course this week with Tina Dacin. Tina is the professor whose course I sat in on when I came out for my interview last year. The course promises to be engaging. Tina's quick wit and keen observation skills makes it hard for anyone to get away with attempting to do other work in her class or to just "coast" by.

In Finance Strategy we had a quiz. It was just a quick 30 minute test. Pretty simple, but everyone studied like crazy for it. A lot of people were feeling worried because of the experience they had with the previous finance professor.

The class had a Halloween party last night that was a blast! Lots of fun. Some of the teams took the opportunity to dress as a team. One team was a troop of smurfs, another a gang of Mexicans and yet another was Hugh Hefner and his bunnies (the guys were the bunnies and the girls were Hefners).

Today has been a massive drive to complete work. I have been too busy to update this blog as I usually do because the workload is getting heavy. Just managing to squeeze this entry in at 2 AM, as daylight savings kicks in to buy me an extra hour of sleep, after spending the last 12 hours hammering out the 80% draft of the Marriott Case for Finance Strategy. Prior to that it was a team meeting to kick off yet another assignment. Lucky for me my wife was willing to show up with some dinner so we could visit for half a hour. Not sure what I would do without her. Okay, I'm outa here. Tomorrow promises to be just as busy.

No comments: