Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week 48: Electives - Block D (t-minus 3 weeks)

Week 48 is over...finally. Only 3 weeks to go. As spring approaches the skies are pretty much constantly overcast and it rains quite a bit here in Kingston.

Managing Innovation ended last week, so there is no update for that course.

Consumer Research ended yesterday. From what I could tell everyone was in groups completing some sort of group assignment/analysis with the professor going from group to group.

International Finance ended today with a Saturday morning exam. Everyone found it quite difficult and everyone was up late last night trying to study and get their formula sheets finalized. As much as I am going to miss my classmates and this time at Queen's, I am NOT going to miss the late night cramming and Saturday morning exams.

Either last week or this week the students in the Consulting Project course had to submit a 75 page paper. No word on what has been happening with the New Ventures Project course, but I will post something next week once I talk to some people in the course.

This week's point four was at Fanatics, a sports bar, where the class was able to reserve an upstairs area that comes complete with it's own bar, big-screen TV and a Nintendo Wii. Also, this weekend there is a big party/social gathering to see several of the exchange students off. A lot of them are leaving in the next week.

While all this has been going on I am busy booking a moving company and filing my taxes. Also, the job hunt continues, but it is difficult while studying full-time. Guess I should get some boxes this next week to start packing.

Next week, to kick-off Block E electives,"Marketing of New Ventures" and "Sales Management" courses start to the final block of electives. The following week the "Corporate Finance and Capital Budgeting Decisions" and "Project Management" courses start. Now that I have completed my required 5 elective courses I find myself presented with the decision of whether I should take anymore courses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If Dr. Cannon is taking the Capital Budgeting course, I recommend you take it or audit it. Its a toughie, but you'd learn quite a bit from the same. And those case studies for assignments are just awesome.

Thanks for the tour of Goodes Hall, and best wishes for your job search.

Appleseed said...

Dr.Cannon isn't teaching it, but they have brought in someone who sounds like he could be quite good. I have a week off to recharge before deciding if I can handle this last course.

Thanks for the positive feedback.