Thursday, April 19, 2007

Discussion with MBA Grad: Part-Time Haskayne MBA

During the discussion I had with the individual who took his MBA part-time at Bath University he mentioned he worked with another MBA graduate that I might want to talk with. The individual in question had taken an MBA part-time at the Haskayne School of Business (University of Calgary) while working full-time.

I was given a phone number for his office and called the guy up after working late the same day I had met with the guy from Bath University. He answered and we had a good conversation about the program he went through and the MBA.

His company had paid for the program since he continued to work full time while taking the part time MBA. Since he was working and living in the same city as the school there was no need to video-conference, which did make it easier. He said it was tough to balance work, school and family. Almost too tough, but he would do it again and was happy with the results.

There is one comment that really got to me though. He said, "I have a two year old daughter and I'm only getting to know her now." Ouch. I could tell from his voice that this hurt him a lot.

This discussion has made it clear I should probably take an MBA before I have a family or not at all.

Other MBA Grads I had discussions with:

No comments: