Friday, November 23, 2007

Accommodations: Might have a place.

After a few e-mails back and forth it looks like I may have secured a place to live for the duration of my MBA program. The landlord needs to evaluate the rent, but it should be in the neighbourhood of $1200/month. This includes electricity, heat, parking, and water.

Not bad for a completely furnished 2 bedroom suite. It is the main floor of a house. There are other tenants, but their living quarters are completely segregated. It comes with dedicated washer, dryer, microwave, cooking accessories, cutler, bed, desk, couch, TV, DVD player, etc. NO SHARING. This place is FULLY furnished. Should make the move out easier.

It will definately make my spouse happy as she will be studying via distance education while I'm in the program.

Not included is the are internet, cable TV, or phone. All these bundled would run approximately $130/month, but I don't see any need for cable TV. Perhaps just a phone and internet?

Still have to wait for the lease and to put a deposit before anything is truly secure. That will be at least a month away. Would be nice to have this item out of the way so I could concentrate on other items that need my attention.

(Queen's Housing Website)

No comments: