Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Accommodations: Lease is finalized.

Well, sent back the lease today with my deposit. I am now committed to a fully furnished 2 bedroom suite in Kingston, ON from May 1, 2008 to April 30, 2009 for $1125/month. A little pricey, but it means not moving or purchasing furniture and it provides the space my wife will need to take her correspondence course. It is also a short walk to campus and not in the notorious "student ghetto".

I still haven't seen any picture of the place.

However, from my conversations with the current tenant, whom I lucked out in meeting during my trip for my interview, and with the landlord I'm sure it is as good or better than any other place I would find.

In addition, I have been assured it is rat free. My wife is a little apprehensive about moving to a place with rats. Here in Alberta the whole province is rat free, but that is not the case in Ontario. My friend who took his engineering degree at Queen's has had more than a few stories concerning rats to share with us.

Oh well, it is nice to have this issue out of the way. Now how to raise the funds to pay for all this crazyness...

(Queen's Housing Website)

No comments: