Wednesday, April 30, 2008

1st Day: Preparations

So, I am still travelling across Canada to get to Kingston. Currently I am in the city of Sault St. Marie and I just happened to check the student portal. A notice had been posted notifying students of the need to show up for 9 AM on Monday May 5th in "business formal attire". I have no issue with this requirement, but I am a little surprised that the notice has come so close to the start date of the program. I have pretty much everything, but I do need to acquire a new pair of dress pants since all of the ones I currently have in my wardrobe I was wearing for quite a while and are looking pretty much finished. I thought I would have a few weeks until this was needed and I could make a trip into Toronto, but I guess not.

Is this some sort of weird test? SURPRIZE! We changed things on you. Now lets see if you can jump through this new hoop!

Now I need to navigate the single lane undivided TransCanada highway while trying to think where I'm going to find men's wears stores in Kingston. To top that off I will still need to settle in, unpack, and complete some more pre-study statistics review. I really wish they would have made this requirement known a few weeks ago.

I shouldn't have any issue meeting this new requirement, but I'm not impressed with the late timing of the notification.

No comments: