Monday, April 7, 2008

Financing: Student loan secured

Finally got my student loan straightened out with Alberta Learning Information Systems. Originally I applied online and it was processed within 2 weeks. However, the online application only had December 2007 and June 2008 start dates available to choose from among the choices for "program". Of course I needed "May 2008", but pick the date of "December 2007" since "May 2008" wasn't in the menu.

HUGE MISTAKE!

The result was a very lengthy cancellation procedure and an even more drawn out "re-application" by filing out a paper form.

All done and said I got a student loan! The amount I received is the same as what I was assessed automatically online. I get about 2/3rds for May 1, 2008 and the remainder form November 1, 2008. These funds combined with what I have saved and the line of credit available through RBC from Queen's should allow me to complete the year.

No comments: