Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Preparation: The schedule for the next year

Here is what the schedule for the next year is looking like:
  • Between April 23 to April 25th Depart Calgary
  • Drive across Canada (Calgary to Regina to Winnipeg to Thunder Bay to Sue St. Marie to Sudbury to Kingston)
  • April 29th or 30th Arrive in Kingston
  • Setup new living accommodations
  • May 5 Classes START. The 1st Day of Classes
  • May 19th Victoria Day (no classes)
  • July 1st Canada Day (no classes) Hope to go to Ottawa for Canada Day
  • July 28th to August 1st EXAM WEEK
  • August 4th Civic Holiday (no classes)
  • September 1st Labour Day (no classes)
  • September 29th to October 3rd EXAM WEEK
  • October 6th to 10th BREAK/INTERVIEW WEEK
  • October 13th Thanksgiving Day (no classes)
  • October 16th "University Day" (don't know what this is)
  • November 11th Remembrance Day (Tuesday so don't know if they will have classes or take a different day off)
  • December 1st to 5th EXAM WEEK
  • December 13th to January 11th BREAK (4 WEEKS OFF)
  • December 13th to December 20th Visit my family
  • December 21th to December 27th Visit my wife's family
  • December 28th to January 11th? Take a trip to somewhere else for 2 weeks?
  • Must be back in Kingston on the evening of January 11th at the latest
  • January 12th Classes start again
  • February has "Carnaval" which is held in Quebec City. My wife wants to check this festival out, but I don't think I will be able find the time to go with her.
  • April 24 Classes END. This is the end of the specialization classes. The program is finished!
  • May Convocation TBA. Probably will not attend since I'm not planning on being in Kingston at this time.
  • Take an extra 2 weeks to drive to PEI before going back to work? Return to Calgary? Move to Toronto? Move to Paris? Move to New York? Move to London? Who knows...
  • Probably try to start work for the start of June or July?

That is looking like a pretty busy year. There is still a lot that isn't on there. I know there is going to be various activities through out the program that are going to make this even more entertaining!

3 comments:

Indian Blogger said...

Nice blog!

Aun Raza said...

This is great stuff, especially for someone looking to apply. I hope to start working on my gmat, etc soon and Queens is probably one of my top choices - that might change depending on how my gmat scores are, but we'll see. Keep it up - I definitely want to hear about your experiences and learnings through the program.

Appleseed said...

I am glad the information is useful and I will definately try to continue the entries throughout the program. If you can think of anything that you would like to see or have any questions I might be able to assist with please let me know. The positive feedback is greatly appreciated.